From IRC media [ 19/03/2009 ].
Click to read all other IRC News.
Anton Alen insists he can still be a contender for this year's Intercontinental Rally Challenge title despite failing to score on the opening two rounds of the series.
Alen's frustrating start to the season continued in Brazil last week when he rolled on Rally de Curitiba, having earlier been delayed for seven minutes after damaging his Abarth Grande Punto's suspension in a separate incident.
The crash marked the Finn's second retirement in as many events after clutch failure meant he did not go the distance on the Monte Carlo Rally in January.
But Alen, the son of rallying legend Markku is convinced he can fight back. He said: "Before the problems in Brazil I had a good feeling with the car and things were going well. Yes it's disappointing that we didn't finish but I am happy with the speed that I had."
Alen's next event is the Azores Rally on May 7-9. "I will have a good road position for that event, similar to Juho Hanninen in the factory Skoda who I am sure will be very strong on gravel," Alen said. "That will help and also the fact my co-driver Timo Alanne has competed on the event before."