IRC teams & drivers 2011

Welcome to the new RallyeInfo Intercontinental Rally Challenge forum. The archived IRC forum can still be found here.

Re: IRC teams & drivers 2011

Postby RonSkoda » 20 Apr 2011 17:50

Subaru confirmed their IRC plans: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=12098

Arai at least should be reasonably competitive on the gravel events with the R4 car.
RonSkoda

Postby RonSkoda » 28 Apr 2011 13:16

Skoda Germany confirmed a limited IRC program: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=12134

2 car team of Kahle and Wallenwein for Barum, Hungary, Scotland and Cyprus (expect Scotland where only Kahle will drive)
RonSkoda

Postby ewanr » 17 Jul 2011 15:01

Surely after another Juho Hanninen win Skoda have to commit him to a full championship push. He is clearly the fastest driver in IRC at the moment and hes got experience of doing well on most of the remaining rounds so its a no -brainer for me. All this is confirming what I originally thought that Skoda are desperate for there favoured czech driver Kopecky to win the championship when it seems he dosent have the speed or bottle in him to come out on top in a battle for the win. Kopeckys only chance for victory left this season imo is barum and i cant see him getting on the podium in the 2 most important rallies of the season either - Scotland and Cyprus. Skoda cant rely on Kopecky to win the championship- Hanninen, loix and maybe even Mikkleson are the better bets.
ewanr

Postby RonSkoda » 20 Jul 2011 17:45

I think with Hanninen it is simply a case of sWRC being his proirity (so he can learn the WRC rounds for his future VW WRC drive) and that he will compete in IRC when schedule allows or when Skoda need to reinforce their team.

He will definitely do Barum anyway, and I guess the gravel rounds at the end of the year too so the title is a strong possibility. I don't believe Skoda are too worried about the drivers title. I think they will make sure it goes to one of their guys :)
RonSkoda

Postby ewanr » 21 Jul 2011 13:00

Just wondering if Loix who I am sure will be in the title fight after sanremo will get the extra funds to compete on the bonus points round(s).If so would BFO be required to pay or would Skoda help out even if it looked like Hanninen and/or Kopecky still had a realistic chance of the championship aswell?
ewanr

Postby RonSkoda » 21 Jul 2011 13:13

I think it would be up to Skoda Belgium and BFO to fund that. Loix is a works driver in reality but not in name...
RonSkoda

Previous

Return to IRC Forum