Geko Ypres Rally

Welcome to the new RallyeInfo Intercontinental Rally Challenge forum. The archived IRC forum can still be found here.

Geko Ypres Rally

Postby RonSkoda » 20 Jun 2011 09:37

Great entry list for this weekend's Ypres Rally!

Especially good to see a great variety of cars including a Punto with a decent driver behind the wheel.

I guess Neuville will be favourite for victory without problems of the car/tyres/driver but Loix should be up there too. I guess the podium should feature Neuville, Loix and Kopecky in some order!
RonSkoda

Re: Geko Ypres Rally

Postby ChrisB » 20 Jun 2011 10:25

Extremely interesting entry list indeed.

http://www.rallye-info.com/event_entryl ... ?event=554

Interestingly it is the home event of both Loix & Neuville. Actually with Loix living very close to it. I have been there the last two years and in 2009 Loix had a big battle with Meeke for the lead until a small off and last year he won. Both time he was so much in attack mode, really spectacular, as you would never expect from Loix from his WRC days (where he was most of the time a #2 driver). And Neuville is crazy anyway. For a podium predictor I would have those two on there and no clue who to chose for the 3rd step, probably chose him by throwing a dice.

When have you last seen an entry list with the top6 containing 5 different makes of cars?

It's very complete with the only names that were talked about and are missing now being Arai in the Renault, sorry, Subaru R4 and Delecour. Campana has withdrawn his entry (# 19 - I am going to delete him from the link above soon). Strange to see Snijers as low as 32, but at least we have the first 1.6T in IRC.

Also a question mark is on Pieter Tsjoen, who led in 2007, was 4th in 2009 and in the top5 until crash in 2010. The question mark is not so much Tsjoen himself, but the fact that his codriver Eddy Chevaillier was injured in the Rally Acropolis on Saturday and won't be fit in time for Ypres. As far as I am aware Tsjoen did not have a different codriver for 7 years now and having to find a replacement within hours probably hampers his Ypres chances.
ChrisB

Postby Gregor » 24 Jun 2011 14:46

Radio coverage is pretty good so far; it sounds like the weather is very cool for this time of year. My kind of environment.
Gregor

Postby Sulland » 24 Jun 2011 14:54

Tipping top 3:
1 Neuville
2 Loix
3 Mikkelsen

Since the other forum cut their IRC pickem, maybe you guys could make a simple IRC tipping contest, to grab that "market" and get more visitors ?
Sulland

Postby Gregor » 24 Jun 2011 15:07

Loix just beat Bouffier by 4 seconds on the first stage, and there's talk of a big gap where Neuville's supposed to be. Looks like Wilks just finished ahead of him and the announcers are very confused as it's not matching their running order. Wilks just reported Neuville's got a flat and Mikkelson's off the road!

And I just guessed on another forum that Neuville was probably going to crash trying to keep up with Loix and Bouffier. Sadly I also though Mikkelsen would finally get a podium in third.

So far I'm set with Loix as 1 and Bouffier as 2, but my third pick is out.
Gregor

Postby johnlod » 24 Jun 2011 18:18

What has happened to Jan
johnlod

Postby Gregor » 24 Jun 2011 20:09

He had a mishap in shakedown that hurt his codriver, so he didn't start even though Skoda got the car back together.
Gregor

Postby ChrisB » 25 Jun 2011 11:13

Yeah, fantastic event. It's not so much cold but windy and therefore changeable weather - you woud think, but day1 except a few drops all dry and day2 so far all wet. Historic shakedown had the best weather, after thunderstorm soaked n muddy roads, bright sun, t-shirt weather and RWD cars, now THAT is rallying.

Sulland wrote:Tipping top 3:
1 Neuville
2 Loix
3 Mikkelsen

Since the other forum cut their IRC pickem, maybe you guys could make a simple IRC tipping contest, to grab that "market" and get more visitors ?

Haha, 2 of those went out SS1, good job for you we didn't do that competition. To relaunch our tipping comp needs some coding work and I don't know when that can be done. But I think doing a tipping comp here in the forum might be an idea?
ChrisB

Return to IRC Forum