Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland

Welcome to the new RallyeInfo Intercontinental Rally Challenge forum. The archived IRC forum can still be found here.

Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland

Postby ChrisB » 24 Mar 2012 01:21

This should be good. A once absolute classic. Probably the most famous BRC round in the group4 & groupB days, when this was a proper circuit around Ireland at Easter. People like Hannu Mikkola or Björn Waldegaard were prepared to miss the Safari for this! Well, shorter this time, sadly, but the entry list goes into the right direction compared to the IRC events so far this year:

Skoda is scared of Peugeot's new impressive line up and enters Hänninen as well as Kopecky before losing their makes title completely. Ford comes with Alastair Fisher rather than Ukrainian drivers. And Hermann Gaßner jr decided he is definitely not going to be beaten by Wiegand this time round and therefore didn't enter.

http://www.rallye-info.com/event_entryl ... ?event=578
ChrisB

Re: Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland

Postby RonSkoda » 24 Mar 2012 14:11

You do have a very sarcastic British sense of humour for a Kraut Chris :p

You are right that this is a slightly better entry list though. I don't even know which Skoda is going to win.
RonSkoda

Postby ChrisB » 28 Mar 2012 13:01

RonSkoda wrote:You do have a very sarcastic British sense of humour for a Kraut Chris :p

Hehe, thanks Ron, and proud of it! Life is easier when you don't take it too serious. Yet you are right, I am living in the wrong country for that. Not even Colin Clark knew when to take me serious and when not, so what chance have the Krauts got?!
ChrisB

Postby RonSkoda » 04 Apr 2012 12:43

Looking forward to this rally now, and typically of IRC it is pretty hard to know who is going to win.

Mikkelsen must have some advantage having rallied in Ireland before; Kopecky is on good form at the moment but I think he prefers faster rallies with wider roads and Hanninen cannot be discounted either. Plus we have Breen in his new Peugeot 2012 Evo who should be fast at home too.
RonSkoda

Return to IRC Forum